Blog Post 3

     Copyright is when someone has the rights to a specific document, video, or song, and are in charge of whether or not their work can be used or distributed to others. Fair use is when someone is allowed to use or copy someone else's copyrighted work for educational purposes. In the future, when I am a teacher, I will mostly come up with my own instruction material to avoid any problems with copyright. If I have to use someone else's material I will follow all of the copyright and fair use rules. I will have my students always cite where they retrieved their information and stress the importance of copyright and plagiarism. 

    Academic dishonesty is a major problem in most schools. I think it is important that students are educated about academic dishonesty at a young age. If the students are taught at a young age then they will hopefully be more likely to follow the rules and not be tempted to cheat. Cyberbullying is another major problem in almost every grade level. When I am a teacher I will spread awareness about the negative effects of cyberbullying and how they impact their classmates. I will also make sure that all my students know that if they are being bullied online or in person that they can come to me and I will help them as much as I can. 

    I honestly learned a lot and acquired many new skills when I was working on my Newsletter Design. I am certified in MS Word, but I got certified in 7th grade and since then have used Google docs more so I lost touch with MS Word. I familiarized myself with the many different features of MS Word. I also learned how to make a banner on Canva. I could improve my newsletter in the future by decreasing the amount of white space. I can use the skills I learned in the future when I become a teacher. I can make newsletters for my classroom to inform the students and parents about what is happening in the class each week. 




Comments

  1. I'm glad to hear that you were able to refresh some of your Word skills from your certification! Did your school require you to get a Word certification, or did you do it on your own?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 9