Blog 5

   In my past, I have not used Twitter very often and I was not a fan of using it. I did have a Twitter but it got hacked so I deleted it. Recently my opinion on Twitter has changed. I have been able to keep up with news, see current events happening in education, and have been able to keep up with things happening on campus. I think that Twitter is beneficial for staying updated in the community and communicating with others on the platform. I could see Twitter being helpful in my future career. I could easily communicate with other teachers, and I could also stay updated with the current events happening in education.

  The digital divide is a very prominent issue in classes today. Many students do not have access to computers, iPads, or any type of other smart devices. This digital divide can have a major impact on student success. Especially right now, if a student does not have access to a smart device, they are going to struggle in school. The digital divide could be caused by many different reasons. Some students' families may not be able to afford these devices or some parents might not want their children to use iPads and computers at a young age. In the future when I am a teacher, I will not require any work to be turned in online if the student does not have access to any devices, and if I do I will make sure that they are given time to work on it in the class where devices will be provided. 

Academic software is very commonly used in schools today. In my future classroom, I want to implement an important software and fun software. The important software I would implement is Microsoft Word. I think that this is a very crucial software that all students should know how to use. When students master Microsoft Word, they will be comfortable navigating the cite to write essays and complete many other tasks. The next software I would use would be Kahoot. Kahoot is a very useful software where the students can learn while playing a game. It will make the students want to learn while still having fun.

Comments

  1. I've also had a love-hate relationship with twitter. I also see its value as a communication tool and how it might be useful in my future career. However, there are many aspects around it, (like the lack of privacy, the spread of misinformation etc) I find entirely unpleasant. Though I think I could say the same for all social media platforms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 9